At Whitehall Infant School we aim to offer a stimulating, exciting, purposeful and relatable curriculum that helps all children become well-rounded, thoughtful individuals. We aim to provide a happy, caring, safe and secure environment where every child is unique.
With this in mind, we have implemented a coherent, progressive curriculum model that equips children with the knowledge and skills that they need now and in the future. Our curriculum is constructed to ensure subject areas promote and reflect cultural diversity and creative development.
We recognise the importance of promoting the development of children's speaking and listening skills and vocabulary; this is given priority in all lessons.
What are our Curriculum goals?
- Have the opportunity to develop their communication and language throughout the whole of our Curriculum.
- Leave with secure basic skills in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Have a love of reading and become lifelong readers.
- Become confident, resilient British citizens who uphold British values.
- Reflect our school values of Family, Respect, Excellence, Safe and Happy.
How is our Curriculum influenced by our context?
Who are we?
- Whitehall Schools have been at the heart of the local community for over 100 years.
- Many children and families have English as an additional language.
- We are a multi-cultural, multi-faith school.
- At Whitehall Infant School, we are London, British and many are global citizens.
We link our Curriculum to our FRESH Values
Family, Respect, Excellence, Safe, Happy
Five star learning for all, with family at the heart of everything we do. We teach our children to have respect at all times. We want our children to achieve excellence, whilst being safe and happy.
Please click on the following document for our 'Own and British Values' presentation
Click on the links below to enter each subject page and find out more about our curriculum and our implementation
Find out below what your child is learning this half term: